Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Pizza


First Christmas bento this year, by request.  We were making Christmas sugar cookies for a cookie/winter fair fundraiser event at her school this weekend, and while we were decorating cookies, I asked what she wanted for lunch.  She didn't really know, but when I suggested pizza, she said she wanted it shaped like a Christmas tree.

Along with the pepperoni pizza we have some fresh veggies, grapes and vanilla yogurt covered cranberries.

Sorry for the fuzzy picture, I didn't realize the picture was so awful when I took it this morning.

Preparation notes:  I just cut the crust from a multi-grain sandwich thin with a large cookie cutter.  I toss that in the toaster oven to get somewhat crisp, then I add the pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni and put it back on the oven long enough to melt the cheese.  If you don't toast the bread just a bit by itself, you end up with a real soft crust that doesn't seem much like pizza.  Just let it cool to room temperature before you put it in the lunchbox and close it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment