Friday, October 5, 2012

Pizza Bread Snails


I know you can't see the snails real well, but they are crescent roll pizza bread with turkey pepperoni, cheese and some marinara rolled up to look like snails.  Along with we have some crinkle cut apple slices and a salad with carrots and sliced egg.  In the tiny divided container I have some marinara to dip her pizza bread in, and some ranch and cheese for the salad.

Note:  The snails were inspired by the cutest little animal shaped rolls I saw on a lovely blog, With a Grateful Prayer and a Thankful Heart.  Wonderful recipes there.  While preparing Wednesday's lunch I made ham and cheese hedgehogs and these little pizza snails at the same time.  I place them in the fridge and in the morning, I pop them into the toaster oven to heat them up and be sure they aren't soggy.  After cooling to room temperature on a cooling rack, I put them in the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment