Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Snow Buddies


A couple of cute snowman buddies for lunch today.  Here's hoping for a white Christmas!  Ham and cheese snowmen, cucumber slices and a large cherry tomato, grapes and couple of Christmas tree pretzels.

Preparation notes: The snowmen are homemade ham and cheese "hot pockets" made with Pillsbury Crescent Dough.  I just cut circles for the dough, smaller ones for the head and slightly larger ones for the bodies, and filled them with diced ham and cheese and formed them into balls.  I brushed a little food and color and water on the scarves before baking them and added the buttons and face details with food color markers after they cooled.  The hats are cute cupcake picks.  These are really yummy.  I make them the night before and in the morning, I pop them into the toaster oven to warm up and crisp the dough, and let them cool back to room temperature before putting them in her lunchbox.  I make little balls with the extras and we either munch on them right away or eat them for breakfast at some point so the extra doesn't get wasted.

A Giveaway...
Photobucket
A lovely bento blog I follow is having a giveaway of some super cute Disney picks.  Here's the link:  http://www.bentomonsters.com/2012/12/2012-christmas-giveaway.html

Also shared at:
Bento Lunch

3 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie! Thanks for linking up at Bento Blog Network! Your snow buddies are so cute! I am following you now and will add your blog to our sidebar blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! I'm very excited to participate, and I love seeing everyone's bentos! Such creative folks out there.

      Delete
  2. Adorable! Such a fun lunch!!

    ReplyDelete