Monday, February 4, 2013

Spring Fever



I know, it's way too early for spring fever!  But, it's been bitterly cold around here, and today seemed quite nice.  We were all wishing for spring while we were out running around.  So, a spring like lunch seemed like the thing to do.  Flower crescent dogs, a start shaped hard boiled egg (cute in half to somewhat resemble a flower), flower and ladybug orange and yellow carrots, a cherry tomato, a clementine, and a mini strawberry cupcake.  I had occasion to bake some strawberry cupcakes earlier, and made a few mini ones in some candy cups.  There's also a carrot butterfly up on top.

I found a tutorial for the carrot butterflies here:  http://eatsamazing.co.uk/recipes-tutorials/tutorial-carrot-butterfly  Took me a few tries, but I finally got it!  The trick for me seemed to be slicing it thin enough that it was pliable when you bend it into shape.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous lunch! Thanks very much for linking back to Eats Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Love all the great ideas on your site.

      Delete