Friday, January 25, 2013

Cat and Mouse


Cat and Mouse lunch today.  I was browsing some other bento blogs, and the little one saw a cute cat and mouse lunch and said "I want that, I want that!".  I told her she'd have to eat another sandwich (which normally objects too), but she still wanted it, so I decided I'd give it a try.

Ham and cheese cat sandwich, mouse hard boiled egg, green beans, checkerboard apple slices and a couple of mini chocolate chip cookies.  The cat sandwich was made with the CuteZcute sandwich cutter, and there's some basic directions on making the mouse on the website below.  I used shredded cheese for the whiskers instead of dried spaghetti.  I cut a tiny "X" with the end of a knife to insert the cheese into.

Here's the one she saw:  http://eatsamazing.co.uk/lunch-boxes/another-cat-lunchbox

On another note, one of my favorite bento blogs is giving away some really adorable food picks.  Actually, I'm hoping that I will win - but thought I'd share anyway.  :)

Photobucket   http://www.bentomonsters.com/2013/01/bento-berries-giveaway.html

No comments:

Post a Comment