Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Piggy Pizzas


Two mini piggy pepperoni pizzas today, along with some asparagus, cherry tomatoes, strawberry yogurt and a few mini fudge stripe cookies.

Preparation Notes:  These little mini pizzas are favorites, and they are really easy to make.  For this one, I used the CuteZCute cutter, but you can use any cookie cutter or simply leave them round.  I cut the pizza "crust" from a whole wheat sandwich thin.  I pop them in the toaster oven for a few minutes to get just a little crisp.  I put some squeezable pizza sauce on top, then layered on some mini pepperoni.  Then I top with the pizza cheese that I chop up a bit so it melts nicer and little pieces don't stick out over the edges.  Then it goes back into the toaster oven long enough to melt the cheese.  After it comes out, I put it on a cooling rack and add the decorative pepperoni cut outs on top.  After cooled, I place in her lunch box and it goes in the fridge.

In the morning, I preheat the toaster oven, and pop the little pizzas (and in this case the asparagus) into the oven long enough to heat through and crisp up the crust again.  I put them out on a cooling rack while we get ready.  Once everything is cooled all the way to room temperature, I put it all back in the lunchbox and it's ready to go.  This way it only takes a few minutes of prep in the morning, but nothing is soggy or soft from having been in the fridge.

Also shared at:
Bento Lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment