Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pizza


Today we have mini-pizza squares, veggies and ranch, orange wedges and a few mini Chips Ahoy cookies.

These mini pizzas on multigrain sandwich thins are a favorite of hers.  I just use some squeeze pizza sauce, pizza cheese, mini-turkey pepperoni and sliced cherry tomotoes.  Then I throw it in the toaster oven on 400 degrees right on the rack for a bit.  When it's all melted and the "crust" is crisp, I let it cool on a cooling rack to room temperature before I put it in her lunchbox.

I plan and pre-pack as much as I can in lunches always the night before.  Everything is laid out, partially packed, etc. to make getting lunch ready as easy as possible.  I'm not really a morning person.  As I was packing up veggies last night, the little one came in and told me to take out the cherry tomatoes and cucumber that I had in there.  She likes them, but not together.  Per her request, three sugar snap peas in each container, and then I could put in some carrots if I want to.

Note to self - less variety on the vegetables in a single lunch box.  Glad she came in - I'll try to remember to ask for input more often while packing instead of after she eats it.

No comments:

Post a Comment